Tamil Centre for Human Rights - TCHR
Centre Tamoul pour les droits de l'Homme - CTDH
Centro Tamil para los Derechos Humanos
(Established in 1990)
Website : www.tchr.net
TCHR participation in United Nations
World conferences and other meetings
* TCHR was a registered participant in the World Social Forum 2009 in Belem, Brazil Jan 27- Feb 1, 2009.
* TCHR officially participated in the 61st annual DPI/NGO conference in UNESCO, Paris, 3-5 September 2008.
* TCHR was a registered participant in the European Social Forum 2008 in Malmo, Sweden 17-21 Sept 2008.
* TCHR submitted a written statement jointly with another NGO to the Universal Periodic Review (UPR) on Sri Lanka in February 2008.
* TCHR officially participated in the ‘United Nations 7th Global Forum, Re-instating good governance’, in Vienna, Austria 26-29 June 2007.
* Members of TCHR participated in the World Federation of United Nations Associations (WFUNA) seminar in Geneva, Switzerland, 29-31 July 2007.
* TCHR was officially accredited to participate in the United Nations Conference on Anti-corruption Measures, Good Governance and Human Rights, in Warsaw, Poland 8–9 November 2006.
* A meeting was held on 7 March 2006, in the European Parliament – titled "EU contribution to the peace process in Sri Lanka". This was jointly organised by TCHR and Mr. Robert Evans, a member of European Parliament and of Labour Party in UK.
* TCHR was officially accredited by the United Nations to participate in the World Summit on the Information Society – WSIS in Tunisia, 16 – 18 November 2005.
* TCHR officially participated in the NGO forum of the UN World Conference Against Racism – WCAR in Durban, South Africa, from 28 August to 1 September 2001. TCHR held an information stall including an exhibition at the forum. The TCHR representatives also attended the main WCAR conference held in Durban, 31 August to 7 September 2001. (http://www.tchr.net/reports_wcar_detail.htm)
* A meeting was held on 14 October 1998, in the European Parliament – titled "Press censorship in Sri Lanka". This was jointly organised by the Tamil Centre for Human Rights (TCHR) and Ms. Anita Pollack, a member of European Parliament and of Labour Party in UK.
* In 1993, TCHR held an information stall and a photo exhibition on human rights violations, in the United Nations 2nd World Conference on Human Rights held in Vienna, Austria, from 14-25 June.
* TCHR participates in meetings of Treaty bodies and submits reports to the same.
Fact finding missions to the North East of the Island of Sri Lanka
* May 2003 (http://www.tchr.net/report_studymission_2003.htm)
* December 2003 – addendum report (http://www.tchr.net/report_studymission_2003add.htm)
* July-August 2004 (http://www.tchr.net/reports_visite_2004.htm)
9, rue des Peupliers, 95140 - Garges les Gonesse, FRANCE
Email : email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax : + 33 - 1 – 42 67 54 36